Wednesday, March 02, 2005

 

Book Game


I got this from Happy Catholic
  1. Grab the nearest book
  2. Open the book to page 123
  3. Find the fifth sentence
  4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog, along with these instructions.
  5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it. Just grab what is closest!

The closest book happened to be "The Nitpicker's Guide For Next Generation Trekkers Volume II" by Phil Farrand. The episode entry is for "The Big Goodbye".


"When first entering the holodeck, Picard makes a log entry detailing the working of the holodeck. Given a total suspension of disbelief, one must ask, "Exactly who will review this entry? Are there twenty-fourth-century Starfleet individuals who do not understand what a holodeck does? (Acutally we professional nitpickers call this sort of thing a "cabbageism.")"

Yes. I'm a geek, so what's your point?

Comments:
Well, it could have been a sweet little thing about Freud as happened to me...
 
I finished blogging tonight, but I'll try to remember to do this tomorrow. The only hard thing was I have books literally stacked all over my desk.
 
Okay, I'm not posting this on my own blog, but I'll give it a whirl here:

"If I gave him a choice between attending to it for three hours and attending to my own soulful rendition of "Red Sails in the Sunset" repeated steadily for the same period, we know that he and every music lover in the history of man would choose Bach. Here's consensus enough for my purposes.) My confidence about shared intentions and values is thus a product of my final feeling multiplied by the conviction that all other listeners who have ever qualified themselves by really listening to that music would agree with me, regardless of whether they shared the feelings on a particular hearing: nobody has in fact ever suggested the interpretation of Bach as satirist of Christianity or of musical conventions and we can say with great confidence that no informed listener ever will."

From the book sitting right in front of my monitor, I swear.
 
Don't have a blog so I'll post here, out of the book Complications by Atul Gawande, I'm re-reading, cause I'm starting medical school this fall..

Medications failed, and he lost jobs more than once because of his difficulties. Deperate for a return to a normal life, he agreed to a delicated procedure: brain surgery that would destroy cells in a small structure called the thalamus, which was already known to contribute to such excessive stimulation of the hands.
Taylor had another big problem, though: for seventeen years, he had stuggled with a severe panic disorder.
 
office of mental health can be a devastating disease that affects millions of individuals and families. Find the right office of mental health program for yourself or a loved. It will be the first day of the rest of their or your life.

You can get more assistance at http://www.healthlistings.com .
 
Nice site!
[url=http://bijygywc.com/jxqd/ahfx.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ncjltdik.com/asif/yorb.html]Cool site[/url]
 
Great work!
My homepage | Please visit
 
Well done!
http://bijygywc.com/jxqd/ahfx.html | http://fezkcskj.com/exie/rkmt.html
 
This is very interesting site... » »
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?