Sunday, February 20, 2005

 

I didn't have to wear the suit...

My grandfather died on Friday. He had polio as a child, and wasn’t expected to live past 40. He lived for nearly 40 years LONGER than any doctor thought he would, even though he had to wear a brace on his leg most of his life. He’s in a better place now, and not in any pain. More than that, he can run. He was a great man, who was always there for me, although I hadn’t seen him as often as I’d have liked in the past few years. Eight months ago, he was in the hospital and wasn’t expected to last the night. I went out to George Gibson’s and bought a complete suit for his funeral. He survived, mainly by force of will. The only way I can think about this that won’t make me break down is that I didn’t have to wear that suit for eight months.

Comments:
I am so sorry to hear that ... but what a wonderful legacy of outlasting the doctors and doom-sayers he left. May we all do so well!
 
It's been 14 years, 1 month and 16 days. I miss mine like it was yesterday. I almost posted on it the other day, but couldn't.

I'm so sorry.
 
Oh, Mike, I am terribly sorry. My grandfather died when I was six, so I don't remember him well.

Be grateful for the time you did have.

God Bless.
 
Hey Blogger,

I only have one small question: Do you own a website about this? If you do you might want to consider some affordable SEO. It could really help spreading you story to alot more people. I hope I helped you.

Kindest Greetings.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?